Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Maxima Debetur Puero Reverentia

Yes, I know I'm posting two at the same time. GET OVER IT. BUT! Read the one underneath this first, in order to better understand my thought process for today.

Is there something about me that just screams "DISRESPECT ME"? Is it my age or my usual attempt at smiling when I look at people? Is it how I always am friendly to people and give them the respect I feel necessary without first knowing if they deserve it or not? I don't know. BUT! It seems that so many adults I meet feel the need to... well, prove they're older than me and therefore "superior," or something. This makes me start to revert back to my old philosophy that the worst thing about this life is the humans on it. I have gotten past that stage in my psychological frame, I believe, because I've begun to love everyone on this planet, regardless of me knowning them personally. SO! This brings me back to my original thought process... What am I supposed to do in a situation where I am continually disrespected? Act like it isn't happening and cower under their overbearing presence? Do I answer every statement of theirs with "Yes, sir," "yes, sir," "you are completely right, sir"? OR! Do I treat them as equals and disrespect them as they have me? Do I try to rationalize with them, despite how apathetic they are to every word of out of my mouth? Do I walk out into the cold, not having any sort of direction, in an attempt to figure these things out while listening to the music that generally calms me down, only to hear a single line that shoves in my face all of my recent thoughts causing me to almost break down in tears and instead decide to punch the nearest hard thing? Well, if you haven't already realized, I chose the latter path (after the "OR!".)

I dunno. I guess I'm going to sleep on this...

My pinky hurts...

*EDIT* Multiple of my fingers hurt... Probably not a good sign...

No comments:

Post a Comment